Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HandCraft.....

I'm kinda addicted to PAPERS recently.. Do you know that it's very difficult to find an one stop hand craft retail shop in Kuala Lumpur? I've been looking for some ribbons, and I couldn't find any nice and special one till my gf brought me to this shop located in One Utama, New Wing.

Look at them!!! so beautiful right??? I can't help but fall in love with these ribbons immediately they appear infront of me. I've saw them on some card design website, been looking up and down just for these ribbons. Finally, I found it!!!! Can you see how beautiful they are???? Are you in love with them??? But there are limited ribbons available in the hand craft shop we found in One Utama. Is there any in KL area?? Awww.. I'm so in love with them... Personally, I much prefer Grosgrain material than Satin or whatsoever. They are lovely.

However, it is not easy to be in this hobby. First criteria that you must have is, Creative... Then, RICH! Hahahhaa.. it's costly to have a hobby like this. Let's don't go too far about this, only the ribbon already cost RM7.00 per meter, and scrapbook paper cost RM5.00 per piece. There comes the decoration pin, rub-off words, stickers, puncher, rubber stamping, stamping ink... imagine. I have done some reseach, a good quality puncher cost you up to RM200.00. Rubber Stamp, the cheapest I saw with lausy pattern is RM5.00, RM45.00 for nice and lovely pattern.

My GF, who is very addicted to handcraft works spending thousands ringgit on it. She been in Glass Drawing, Card Design, Stamping, now she wanna play with the clay, paper flowers.. Her parents start nagging on her expensive hobby. No doubt, this is a very expensive hobby to play with, but if you are creative enough as what I saw on some website, this is actually a way to make monies. I always admire the products from one of our local design company - a.e.i.o.u. Their products are creative and attractive for me. I love their wrapping papers, their gift boxes, their gift tags... etc. And I found that more and more design companies follow thier stlye and compete fiercely in the market.





So beautiful......................... I wish I can be addicted into this hobby too....











No comments: