Friday, September 21, 2007

Holidays in Bali 2007 - Part 1

I'm back from Bali!! I'm back safely from Bali with a little bit worry about the earth quake and tsunami even though SOMEONE said it will not affect Bali. My mom told me about the plane crashed in Phuket, sighhh... many accidents, disasters nowadays... Anyway, I'm back in one piece!!!! Pray hard!!!

Holidays always mean "walk like mad" for me... so, I did the same for this trip too...

We reached Bali at night, we did not go anywhere beside a restaurant at the beach side for our late dinner. The wave is strong there and I guess no one swim in the sea but surf only. I can't say that the sea in Bali is extremely clean and amazing.. the sand is not crystal clear as Redang Island but it's not dirty as Port Dickson... In the middle I would tell... :P

So, we wasted the first day because we took a late flight... and only rest in the BnB home stay style place that run by a foreigner couple that located in Canggu.. kinda nice and quiet.. just that not convenient and too far away from town. If you love peaceful life and quiet and natural scene.. this is the place for you. You will see terrace padi field when you open your eyes in the morning, you will see the blue sky when you bath, you can jump into the small swimming pool when you open your room's door, you eat your breakfast with the accompany by the song sing by birds and view of green padi fields plus the sound of the farmers knocking on padi... wow!!! amazing right?? I do love it for once a while... it make you feel good and relax.

We go on our day trip the next morning, by hiring the driver to pick us up from the airport the night before. It costs us Rp350,000 [Ard RM140] for car rental, driver rental and petrol. So, our trip as below :-

Batubulan - Batik Painting & Temple Kuradesa - Donation for Temple
Mas - Wood Craving
Bedulu - Goa Gajah [11 century elephant cave] - Entrance Fees Rp6,000
Penelokan - Active Valcano & Lake Batur - Entrance Fees Rp3,000 + Parking Rp2,000
Ubud - Ancient King Palace & Art Market

We spend the remaining evening in Ubub which is an interesting place as there got Art Market and many restaurant and shops. We shop for souvenirs, we took our dinner then only back to BnB by 7pm with exhausted body and enjoy the DVD provided by the BnB. Mentioned about dinner, most of our meals are western style as all the restaurant only sell western food.. we have no chance to try any special local food. The only local food we saw is..."Cap Cay" = Mixed Vegetable = Mixed Rice for local. Their Cap Cay... not so attractive though.. :P OK!! I'm fussy on food!!

3rd day, we are heading to Kuta, the city of Bali. Checking into Hotel Casa Padma which located in Jalan Padma which take 15 minutes walk to the beach side. Good location, just in the middle of the city. We are told that our room is not yet ready and they suggest us to have a walk around the area for sometime by leaving our luggage at their reception. We shopped around, most of the shops selling same things eg. T-Shirt, Painting, Bangs, Accessories, Hats, Helmet, Watches, Wood Cravings, Batik, Sun Glasses and Pirated DVD [Damn cheap!!! Rp10,000 = RM4 per DVD. Buy 5 free 1 somemore. Where to get in KL????]. We walked the whole area around the Hotel and back after 2 hours walk.

We still unable to get to our room when we are back from the long walk and they assigned us to a SUITE temporary... sound impressive eh??? When I went into the SUITE...O!!! SO BIG... check on the washroom... OH MY GOD!! GOT URINE STAIN ON THE TOILET BOWL AND UNFLUSHED TOILET PAPERS IN THERE!! immediately my mood gone and feel frustrated!! I can't settle down myself because toilet is dirty and I can't really rest myself as we will be on the move anytime. SOMEONE is so relax and bath and rest well on the bed.. It's a good thing that he can just take thing so easy but I can't because it's dirty! I know I'm fussy lah.... Luckily SOMEONE didn't rest himself on bed and ignore me, I will be more mad and frustrate if he did so... Hahahahaha.... I'm terrible.

I keep asking SOMEONE to call them and ask whether the room is ready... it's only ready after 1 1/2 hours we spend in the SUITE... beside this delay, I think this hotel is not a bad choice even though it's slightly lack of maintainance. No complain lahhh..... :P We went to walk around and dinner. Their shops close very early, by 6pm, which leave the town looks quiet and dark in the night, but their restaurants and pubs do open till late. The night life in Bali is not so attractive as in Bangkok. We went back to Hotel for a rest after dinner.. tiring.

4th day, Shopping day!! We walked along Jalan Legian which is the main road for the most attractive areas in Bali [my defination of of ATTRACTIVE = shopping]. Tons of restaurants, pubs, shopping lots along the road. This is the day for me, this is the day I spend most... hahahahhaa.... Many cute things I've bought.. [Photos later yaaa...] We walked a lot... from morning till evening... I'm glad that SOMEONE is a very good travel partner and do not complain about walking so much on holidays.

We leave in the evening... Arrived at KL by 1130pm. But still feel OK even though we walked a lot today. Collapsed in bed by 2am.

End of the holidays.

** Photos later... Lazy now **

No comments: