Friday, July 08, 2005

Professional in Interviews....

hahahhaha..... I went for 2 interviews on yesterday and today. One at a day. Yesterday, I went for interview in this Club located in KL, headquater in S'pore. It was a very great interview, the lady boss is easy going and cheerful person. We are more like chatting than in an interview. Been through about 45min in her room and another HR person. The working environment is kinda good compare to the other club I went for long time ago. The staffs over there seems nice and friendly. Being frank, I like this company. But.. the lady boss told me that they unable to pay what I expected and they only able to offer me a pay that even lower to my previous pay. This is hurt!!! I love this job so much!! Arghhh... She asked me to consider it as the responsibility of me will not as heavy as I always have, the working environment is good, the staffs are all youngster [easy to mixed with, as she said], job security [as they are not those club that open 1 or 2 yrs and close down, this is going for long term].. bla bla bla... I know, I understand, I like the job too... but honey!! I need sufficient funds to support my life too... Sighh... So, I put my hope on the other interview.

Ok.... Filled up the form, come a lady who is not so fluent in english but insist to interview me in english. Telling me all those OT things they have in this company. Story goes like this.... Conversation as below :-

Ivy: Ok. Seems everything is good. Just wanted to know, is OT ok for you?
Me: OOoOoOo.... It shouldn't be any problem if it is not often.
Ivy: Eeemmm... Actually, you should know well what are we doing. And actually we need to stay
up to 9 something almost everyday. And most of the accounts staffs are working that way too. That's why we would expect you to be that way without any complain. You know? We got many daily transaction to go over. The department is not so stable, maybe after you join us, you may help us to implement some system and everything will run smoothly and perhaps we don't have to work until so late. [Eh!! this is my language! not hers! Her is more broken]
Me: Eeerrr... I will have an issue on it if it's as what you said...everyday thing.
Ivy: Why?
Me: Actually I have class after work.
Ivy: You still studying?
Me: No, It's my YOGA class actually.
Ivy: [Looks unbelievable that I'm going for YOGA class] OoOo... I see. Where is it?
Me: Sri Hartamas, 3 days a week.
Ivy: Oo....That will be a difficulty for us. As we got so many things to do on daily.. But if you are efficient enough, we won't stop you from going off early. But, you have to supervise 5 accounts assistant, and help up on whatever they can't finished on daily. If the work is not done, it's impossible that you can go early.
Me: [Suprised with this --> to supervise 5 accounts assistant!!] Eeeemm... Ok. That one I can understand. But may I know how many person in the department?
Ivy: You will be report to the General Manager and the Finance Manager, and there has 5 accounts assistant which under your supervision.
Me: [Thinking --> Not a new established company, 5 person under me, have to work OT everyday like a fucking no life workoholic, I oversee everything, have to drive to work, have to pay for parking, petrol, maintenance.....eeemm..how much they goin to offer me ha???]
Ivy: Seems everything is OK.. and your expected is.. RMXXXX... What is your minimum?
Me: RMXXXX
Ivy: Like this, we offer you RM2400 plus RM100 for attendance.
Me: Attendance????????
Ivy: Yes, If you never absent in a month, that is an allowance for you.
Me: oOOooOOO.... I see!!! [Start calculating in mind.... ]
Ivy: Are you in rush?? If you are not, maybe we can go for the second interview.
Me: [Suprised] Ha????? O.. Anyway, I'm not in rush. No problem.

[Wait for about 5 mins..there come another short short small small man]

Lee: Ms Wong?
Me: Yes. Hi.
Lee: Here please.

[Follow him to a big big and very impressive meeting room, walk through the office, most of the staffs are wearing uniform... sux color... PURPLE! Opss...I have to be a good person! don critisize.. kakakaka]

Lee: [Repeating on everything Ivy told me]
Me: Actually Ivy did tell me all these. But I have an issue on the OT thing. I can't have OT everyday until 9 something. The lastest for me will be around 8pm and that won't be often.
Lee: OOo... As you know, we normally got many reports to submit to our manager and director.
And when come to month end, to close accounts, it normally work till that late.
Me: Is your company new established?
Lee: No, It has been 5 years I think.
Me: So? Why are the staffs still need to stay till so late everyday and the department is not yet stable as Ivy told me?
Lee: [Start telling me about staff transfer lah...bla bla bla]
Me: [Listening and wondering]
Lee: You are not in rush, right? Let me go and check with the Finance Manager and see whether she is free for the 3rd interview or not.
Me: [Almost pening] OoOo...Ok.

[Lee is back in 5 minutes time....Alone]

Lee: So.. that's all about it.. We will see you on 18th.
Me: Haaa?????
Lee: Ya.. we are confirm to recruit you.
Me: [Lagi pening] Eeemm... If you don't mind, I need some time to think over it as I got another
job offer too. Do you mind that I call you back by..let say... tomorrow?
Lee: [Looks suprised that I rejected his offer] O... like that. Ok.
Me: Will give you a call by tomorrow. Thanks.

Walk out miserable....hahahahaaa...so SPEEDY and EFFICIENT eh!!! So fast to confirm on a recruitment, it's like abit easy..right? Or am I too good?? hahahahaha... Must be that I'm too good lah...:)

After discussion with mama, with friends.. I decided to reject the offer. Not worth it.
OOoOOo... I have to continue with my REST & SPEND MONEY life..... hahahahahaha...
Wish me luck.. that I able to get a dream job!!! :P

I'm going to be a PROFESSIONAL IN INTERVIEWS!!!!!!

No comments: